Wow, quite a long stretch of silence. A little over a month! I’m sorry everyone, I really didn’t mean to let things lapse that long. I do what I can to keep that from happening again, even if it means reporting the occasional gunpla-related news to just throwing up stuff about whatever. So what else have I been doing? Well, I started my job and let me tell you, being a tech support again for networking is the DULLEST THING ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET. However, they pay me 10.50 an hour to sit around and take calls/play my PSP which I’ll always count as something of a perk, even though I’m always looking for something better.
However! The primary focus, as always, is our beloved plastic robots. Since the last post, Ex-S is finished, Strike Lime is sitting there looking exactly the same (I need paint!) and Sinanju’s shield will be making a trip around the world very soon. That’s right, the shield part of my prize model is taking a trip across the pond after a few stateside stops to acquire the signatures of the gentlemen who took part in the building process along with a few others who have inspired me along the way.
So while I’m not working on anything, I’ve already gone back and started getting ready for something that’s going to take priority over everything else, as well as making a commitment to myself for this next project.
No doubt everyone forgot about this guy, stuck in review limbo for as long as I can remember in addition to being one of those models that got stuck with the ‘I’ll come back to you’ mentality when I was building it. I tore it down to it’s frame today in preparation, the idea for it mostly formed in my head (Two, actually. we’ll see which one I settle on). Channeling GaiGun for a moment, I managed to break two pieces so I’ll have to seem replacements or find a way to repair them myself. Being an older PG, the order list for what I want to do is tall.
- Paint and detail inner frame
- Fill in seam lines on armor
- Sharpen the V-fin (Also: Replace V-fin and eye parts since I glued it on like an ass)
- Replace stripped arm joint
- Rewire the lights
- Reinforce wing joints
- Secure the buster rifle halves (As it stands, they have a habit of just falling apart when combined)
- Fabricate a stand
That last one will especially be a toughy. I have a few ideas in mind, but in any case I refuse to back down from any of this. After my Sinanju and Crossbone I feel that a lot of my models have been lazy to a degree (Even my Ex-S and Strike) and they definitely are not on the same kind of level that those two are. I’ve been pleased with them, but not really happy or satisfied. I’d like to change that, and so no matter how long it takes me (Or how much it costs me) to do I’m going to see this project out and fulfill all of the goals I set out with. Be ready for a long haul guys, because I don’t even have the slightest inkling as to when I’ll be finished with this guy.