You guys might remember a long time ago I had started working on this thing again. Since it never got a proper WIP or page (much like the PG Red Frame..I’ll fix that some day), I’ll take some time now to discuss the various aspects of the kit.
Still trying to find the perfect balance for the settings, but I’m getting closer. It doesn’t help that it’s 11:50p.m. right now, so there’s no natural sunlight to come in from the window to aid on the lighting. Anyway, the frame on this thing is pretty solid. You might notice a lack of wires stringing around the back, but have no fear- I just haven’t ordered the stupid-bright LEDs yet so I’m not going to spend any time fiddling with wiring just yet. The articulation is just what you’d expect from a PG, even one that’s on the dated side of things. Not to mention that the basics of the kit balance like a champ, though once the wings are on I don’t expect it to really be able to pull this off. Lots of screws though which means you’ll spend some time trying to find the right tightness.
These two screws (and the one that’s up higher that you can’t see) for instance dictate how much the waist joint can move around. It takes a little bit of playing to find the sweet spot where it can move but the wings won’t pull the torso to one side or where you’ve got issues with it being unable to move. The hip/waist is the same, though I couldn’t get a picture of it. Just spend some time messing with it before you move on from these parts, because going back to adjust them after putting everything together sucks a lot.
I’ll almost be sad to cover up the frame of the Wing Zero, as they really didn’t skimp on the details. I’ll be sure to work on the bones of this kit before moving on to the armor just because I’d feel like a bum if I didn’t bring all of that wonderful stuff out.
Also, all of the armor parts have had the nubs sanded down (I don’t know how I stuck with the ‘cut stuff down with a knife’ method for so long, everything is so much smoother on the edges now) and been polished up in preparation for the painting, though I still don’t know when I’ll get to that. In addition to that, I successfully sharpened the v-fin so it doesn’t look as awkward and blocky. That’s all for the frame of this, feel free to ask any questions you might have. You can expect another update about the armor parts before too long goes by!