Chugging along, I’ve decided that I’m going to get the most time consuming part of the way right now- prepwork. The katanas are done sans a little touching up here and there to make them perfect (I’ll fix them as soon as my next paycheck comes in), the rifle and polearm still need a fair amount of work before I can call them anywhere near done. For those of you that happened to see what I had so far…throw it out. I decided to rock it up even more than what I originally had in mind since seeing busterbeam‘s frame fired the competitive spirit up to 110%. I can’t help it that it runs in the family, you know? Not that I’m trying to beat the guy (He’s good people!), but I’m sure you’ve felt a similar thing when you’re building the same kit as your friends- you want yours to match up to theirs (or they want theirs to stack up to yours, either way)! I know you guys remember our Sinanju group build and the results of that and this is very similar to that.
(Yeah, GREY SCALE.)
Anyway, on to what we’ve gotten done so far. The entire B runner has been cut out and sanded down, ready for priming. Of course, I’ll be waiting on doing that little bit until the other colored part trees have had the same treatment, save for the frame. I’m sticking to the normal knife-the-nubs-down method on that part unless the area will be visible on the finished kit since it doesn’t make sense to take the effort to make a spot that’s completely obscured have a smooth spot where it joins. Yes, it’s kind of a bad mentality, but it’s an efficient one first and foremost. I start back at work Tuesday so I won’t be able to work as often on it but having bankflow again means you’re going to finally see a lot of other projects finally getting wrapped up or worked on again. I should have the frame for this done tomorrow, or the rest of the colored parts prepped and ready to go. We’ll see which I decide on doing next time.