Things are progressing at an agonizingly slow rate, but we have moved on and we’re closing in on the much awaited finish line for this thing.
Given that I’ve never used any of the colors I used on this kit before you can imagine just how happy I was that they all turned out so wonderfully. Tamiya’s Lavender (This is more purple than purple, I don’t know what they’re smoking) paint hasn’t been in stock once in the entire time I’ve been building models until now and at least it was 100% worth the wait. Combined with the chrome yellow, metallic blue and Italian red this thing is looking nothing short of fantastic. The arm cannon even turned out great even though olive drab didn’t reach all of the areas, giving it a slightly more authentic look. We’re still in need of a few more coats of purple and some fine detail work with the blue and arm cannon but this thing is going to be very neatly wrapped up soon barring any serious problems. Knock on wood!