Yes, I do think it’s about time I got around to putting this page up.
The whole reason I started building gunpla was to expand what I’m able to do with each model, and the ideas of other people have proven to be a good way to push what I can do. As such, I’d like to take on work that other people want and built kits and the like for them. For the time being, I can work on gunpla , resin conversion kits and full resin kits. Things like anime statues, however, are not really my forte so I am sad to say I will not be able to take work for those. As for the other kits things like painting, modifying and aftermarket parts are feasible depending on what you have in mind. If you plan to contact me with a project you’d like, it would be a huge help if you’ve got a very good idea of what you want beforehand or even a mockup if that’s within your ability to do.
- Price is kit + paint + service. This is generally negotiable as I try to be a fairly reasonable fella. Paint is generally the biggest thing to have paid for since I can’t do work without it.
- Aftermarket parts can be used, but will cost extra. Likewise, kitbashing is also possible (to a degree) but for the most part scratch building is not an option unless it is something easy. If you discuss it with me beforehand we can see if I can work something out.
- Shipping will be standard USPS priority mail (client assumes all responsibility for this), tracking and insurance are optional.
- Updates via the blog (If you agree to it)/IM/e-mail are easily possible, as well doing slight tweaks and revisions as the kit progresses.
- Payment can be done via paypal- Half when the project starts and the other half once it is done, just to make sure that I do not start the project and then wind up marooned due to ill circumstances.
- It takes about a month to finish a kit, sometimes longer. As much as I’d like, gunpla is not my primary job (nowhere near, in fact) and as such there will be some nights were I won’t be able to work at all on your kit. As long as I’ve got all the supplies, you can bet that the kit -will- get finished. All I ask for is patience.
Lastly, I can only take so many projects on at once. I don’t mind stopping my stuff to work on these, but I don’t want to wind up with too many people waiting for their kit while I work on another. If things are full up when you email me, I will mark your mail and when things have freed up a bit I’ll let you know.
Sound good? Got something in mind? Get in touch with me at frewtlupes(at)yahoo(dot)com and we’ll see what we can do. You can see some of my commission works right here:
EDIT: Please, if you have general gunpla questions or need help figuring out how to do something on your project, you can just ask that here on the blog. I would prefer it for e-mails to be kept to commission works only. Thanks!