Aaaaand we’re back! I hope everyone is taking COVID-19 seriously and is staying safe for both themselves and vulnerable people out there. Since I’ve found myself with way more free time during the weekend and week, I’ve been really grinding away on my projects.
First up is the Miria Rex. The leg frames didn’t take too long to get done, makes me wonder why I waited so long to do them in the first place. Since doing those went so well I kept the momentum going:
Getting really really excited about this kit now- I’ve still gotta do the semi-gloss topcoat for the leg parts but as usual I am just too excited to see how it’s shaping up. I’ve got the feet parts up on skewers now for painting and I’ve drilled out holes for the feet parts that I accidentally ruined.
For those of you who don’t follow the twitter: I’m a dunce who, in the interest of getting the heel to stop falling off, glued it in place…which made it so the feet/ankles had zero rotation. Sigh.
So since I’m able to get model kits literally directly across the street from where I live, I figured it was a good time to try out Bluefin’s Replacement parts service. That was back on March 6th, so we’re still minimum 4 weeks or so away from seeing the replacement parts I ordered showing up. While it’s unfortunate, better nate than lever.
I also brainstormed the basic idea for the Ultra-Large mace…and I think y’all are gonna love it when it’s done. 😉 That’s all on the Barbatos for now.
This isn’t the only kit I’m working on though!
A friend asked if I’d build/paint a custom Moon Gundam for them and here we are- finished with a good chunk of the upper body! There’s still some touch up and tweaks to make on this kit but it’s coming along well and I’m excited to show off more of it.
Take care of yourselves til next time! Stay inside, wash your hands, and practice social distancing! Best of luck out there and be safe!