Tag Archives: 1/144

FM 1/100 BLR WIP 7: Leg day!

Aaaaand we’re back! I hope everyone is taking COVID-19 seriously and is staying safe for both themselves and vulnerable people out there. Since I’ve found myself with way more free time during the weekend and week, I’ve been really grinding away on my projects.

First up is the Miria Rex. The leg frames didn’t take too long to get done, makes me wonder why I waited so long to do them in the first place. Since doing those went so well I kept the momentum going:

Getting really really excited about this kit now- I’ve still gotta do the semi-gloss topcoat for the leg parts but as usual I am just too excited to see how it’s shaping up. I’ve got the feet parts up on skewers now for painting and I’ve drilled out holes for the feet parts that I accidentally ruined.

For those of you who don’t follow the twitter: I’m a dunce who, in the interest of getting the heel to stop falling off, glued it in place…which made it so the feet/ankles had zero rotation. Sigh.

So since I’m able to get model kits literally directly across the street from where I live, I figured it was a good time to try out Bluefin’s Replacement parts service. That was back on March 6th, so we’re still minimum 4 weeks or so away from seeing the replacement parts I ordered showing up. While it’s unfortunate, better nate than lever.

I also brainstormed the basic idea for the Ultra-Large mace…and I think y’all are gonna love it when it’s done. 😉 That’s all on the Barbatos for now.

This isn’t the only kit I’m working on though!

A friend asked if I’d build/paint a custom Moon Gundam for them and here we are- finished with a good chunk of the upper body! There’s still some touch up and tweaks to make on this kit but it’s coming along well and I’m excited to show off more of it.

Take care of yourselves til next time! Stay inside, wash your hands, and practice social distancing! Best of luck out there and be safe!

We’re still here!

I hope everyone out there had a good holiday season! Let’s get back to it!

I put in more work on the HiRM Wing Zero and am really glad I did. The color on the legs look fantastic and really draws the whole thing together for me. It’s still not done because I need to replace all the aforementioned broken/missing parts. I’ll still take some pictures of it, flaws and all because I do really like the way it turned out. I hope the above pictures will tide everyone over while I take my sweet time repairing and repainting it.

The Amazing Astraea is coming along well. I’ve got the placement of many of the extra GN condensers figured out as well as having the entire upper body almost ready for painting. I’m pretty excited about this one and will be making a push to finish it next. Hopefully I won’t need to buy even more Exia lineage RG kits to get there.

My wife and I started watching Iron Blood Orphans so naturally I had to get a kit from that series. I picked up the Barbatos Lupus Rex from the hobby store across the street as well as a few new tools to ring in the new decade.

I’ve want to improve more as a modeler and for 2020 I’d really like to try to develop my skills more. For starters, the Rex is practice for sharpening v-fins and other parts. I’m pretty happy with the results I got for my first try. I’ve got some cool plans for the rest of the Rex, least of which involves getting to try out a new brand of paint: Gaianotes! We’ll see what kind I wind up focusing on for the next post.

RG Qan[t] / Amazing Qan[t] / Amazing Astraea WIP

Still deciding on a name for it. The Astraea is 100% my favorite gundam after the Unicorn but ultimately this kit only has the ear fins (and eventually the paintjob) from the Astraea Type F so we’ll see what I decide to call it at the end of the day.

Sixteen swords!! It’s very much a continuation of the theme I originally had for the Exousia Astraea, an old build that only people who followed the blog a few years ago would remember. I’ll put some pictures up. I was proud of it for the time but obviously I feel like I can do a hell of a lot better now.

Looking forward to slamming more modifications on to this and really showing off the changes!